10.21.2007

Cabinet catastrophe

I have been trying to eat more healthful and thought one way to start would be to eat less white grains, so I bought some whole-wheat pasta. I have tried this type of pasta before and hated it, but wanted to give it another chance. This time I thought I would douse it with more than just tomato sauce. I decided to get creative and make a cabinet concoction, and here is what I did:
  • Whole-wheat penne
  • Cream of chicken soup
  • Hot sauce
  • Green olives
  • Fresh ground pepper
  • Cooked spinach
I mixed all of that together.....and.......it wasn't that good. I thought it was really bland. HOWEVER, the reason I posted this was because my husband liked it, so it may appeal to someone's taste. My overall review is that it has a very mild flavor and probably is not that healthy for you since it's high in sodium.

I saw that Rachael Ray made a Halloween-esk recipe to help hide the taste of the whole-wheat, but when I looked at the ingredients, (IMO) it didn't sound that good and it had many bad reviews. It was basically pureed pumpkin pie over pasta with some cheese: pumpkin pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment