8.28.2011

Are you ready for some Football?!?!?!

It's about time to officially start the next Packer season and many more rounds of Packer parties. Last football season I was introduced to the old fashion (a Wisconsin classic). It was the sweet version and I'm not really into sweet drinks, but I ended up having a ton of these! I have been drinking them even since.

Mr. Drew's Old Smashin' 

2 sugar cubes
Korbel Brandy
1 maraschino cherry
7-up
Bitters

  • Place sugar cubes in a glass
  • Cover the cubes in bitters - until the cubes are brown
  • Add a splash of 7-up and a maraschino cherry
  • Muddle till cubes are disolved
  • Fill glass with ice
  • Add two shots of brandy
  • Fill the rest of the glass with 7-up and stir
  • Add two cherries - optional 

Be sure to have these at your next Packer Party and you'll soon realize why these are called an old "smashin' ". :-)

1 comment:

  1. I am so ready for some of these. can't wait for the next packer party.

    ReplyDelete