1.02.2012

Stay thirsty my friends

A while back, I had my first hot buttered rum and I thought it was amazing, a little strong but really good. I never got that original recipe but a few years ago my cousin's girlfriend made a hot rum cider and I thought it was great and remembered to get the recipe right away!

Hot Spiked Cider

7 cups apple cider
1/3 cup brown sugar
4 cinnamon sticks 
1 tsp whole allspice
1 tsp whole cloves
1 lemon peel, cut into strips
1.5 cups rum
Cheese cloth
Apple slices, for garnish

  • Wrap the cinnamon, allspice, and cloves in the cheese cloth.
  • Combine apple cider, brown sugar, rum, lemon peel, and cheese cloth in a pot.
  • Warm on the stove over low heat for about 20 min.

This is a great drink to sip but it seems to cool quickly so I would recommended just drinking small cups.
*The picture does not show the accurate amount of spices called for in the recipe. We doubled the recipe but only had 4 cinnamon sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment