2.10.2008

The Great Carrot Debate

One of my husband's favorite foods are carrots, and I just think they are ok but still would like to eat more. The problem is, we can't agree on how to prepare them. He really like raw carrots and I'm used to eathing them from a can, cooked, and covered with salt and butter. I just really don't like the flavor of raw carrots and and my husband loves the falvor of a raw carrot and the crunch!

So, I have finally found a way to prepare carrots in a way we both like! The carrots are slightly cooked, but still hold a little crunch of a raw carrot, and the flavors slightly cover the taste of a raw carrot.


Carrot Saute with Ginger & Orange

I found this on EatingWell.com

2 tsp. canola oil
3 cups of grated carrots
2 tsp. minced fresh ginger root
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 tsp. salt
Fresh ground pepper
  • Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat
  • Add carrots and ginger and cook until wilted, stir often
  • Stir in orange juice and salt - simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated
  • Season with pepper to taste and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment